Annual May Event
2.5 hours with speaker Peter Meyers
Recent developments and a review of 2019
2.5 hours with Alan Gassman
Dynamic Planning with Irrevocable Trusts after TRA
Alan Gassman will review a number of estate, gift, income tax and estate tax planning techniques and strategies that can be used in conjunction with irrevocable trusts, and the large variety thereof.
While most programs have concentrated on the use of "disregarded Defective Grantor Trusts, Complex Trusts, 678 Trusts, Electing Small Business Trusts, Qualified Sub-Chapter S Trusts, Q-TIP Trusts, and Hybrid Trust/Limited Partnerships-LLC arrangements that can be used to safeguard family assets, reduce tax burdens and help assure that beneficiaries are well protected.
1. A clear guide to the different varieties of trusts and how they can be created to have different tax and state law purposes and utilities.
2. Key language that can be placed under trust and associated documents to help assure proper tax treatments.
3. Explanatory charts that can be used to explain the different types of trusts and uses to colleagues and clients.
4. Key tax return and tax reporting characteristics that planners should be aware of.
5. Traps for the unwary - including loss of an S election, creditor access, loss of the marital deduction, and associated issues.
6. Client friendly explanation letters and Excel spreadsheets.